Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hodge Podge

So here are a few projects I wanted to get up on the blog and never got to it until today (if I can figure this blogging thing out...Ok, this is the second booga bag I made. I have to admit, I did love the first one much better, but this was for a gift and the recipient loved it! This is of course before felting and blocking and even before the I-cord handle was finished... (http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html)



Next is this great sweater (primo sweatshirt) from NY YarnCo's Yarn Girls guide to Simple Knits (http://www.theyarnco.com/nyc_location.php). I have to say, I love this book. I Iove simple, classic patterns and this book has them all! I am working on another sweater from the book, but I lost the sleeve and I really don't want to knit a third sleeve, but I probably will. The yarn is this awesome (discontinued) Berroco that I got off of ebay for a steal. I am extremely happy with this sweater, even though it is very heavy and warm, but good for Indiana winters.



Next, the hat. I actually bought the yarn for this hat at the NY YarnCo while visiting a fellow knitter in NYC. It was freezing cold the weekend I visited and we holed up in her brownstone apartment and knitted like crazy. I knitted this with FILATURA DI CROSA Zara and something else I can't remember. If you haven't knitted with this yarn, I highly recommend it. It is fun, washable springy wool.



Lastly the socks! I can't believe I actually finished these things!! My first pair of socks knitted with the same Berroco from my sweater (and I still have some left)!!! I love these and wear them as much as I can (with my Birks of course)!!

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger elli said...

Yay...fabulous FOs! I can't wait to see pics of the baby sweater...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home